Role of the Parish Council
- Commenting on all Planning Applications received in the Parish
- Liaison with Harrogate Borough Council concerning local services
- Liaison with North Yorkshire County Council on highway matters
- Management of local grass cutting contract
- Oversight of local footpaths and verges
- Monitoring crime and disorder and liaison with North Yorkshire Police
- Management of the Kirkby Overblow Village Tennis Court
- Setting the Parish precept
- Acting as community voice on other Parish related matters
The Parish Council meets six times a year normally on the third Monday evening of every alternative month starting in January.
The Annual Parish Meeting is always in May followed immediately by the Parish Council Meeting.
Parishioners can attend any meeting but are particularly encouraged to come to the Annual Meeting in May when they can raise any matters associated with the Parish. Meetings are held in the Kirkby Overblow Village School and are usually attended by both our Harrogate District and North Yorkshire County Councillors.Contacting the Council
If you have any questions or queries concerning the Parish then in the first instance please ring the Chairman, David Yeadon on 01423 810230, or the Clerk, |Clerk